Thursday 20 July 2023

My Three Lovely Course Dolls

I thought I would do a post of my current Course Dolls.  I have been lucky enough to own six at one time, but now own three, and the other three have since gone on to be loved and enjoyed in new homes.



From left to right we have Jasmine, Joel and Jennifer.


Jasmine is my 'dream' course doll and was the last to arrive in I think it was early 2016.  If I had got her first, I may not have got the others....but who am I kidding?  It just isn't possible to have 'just one' especially when they are so different!


Joel is my sweet boy with an ethereal look to him.  


Jennifer came as a boy, Jacob, and I don't normally change my boys into girls, but I had been trying to sell him to raise funds for our dear Percy when he was first diagnosed with his autoimmune disease and needed treatment.  Well the doll never sold and a friend suggested putting a dress on and seeing what I thought, and well, Jennifer 'arrived' and Jennifer she will remain, at least whilst she is with me and I have no plans with parting with her now.


They are a lovely trio.  I like to think of Jasmine and Joel as brother and sister, as they are similar in looks.


I need to make them some new outfits if I ever get inspired to use my sewing machine again.  Probably in Autumn/Winter.


Joel wanted a little adventure out in the garden by the pond today


He enjoyed sitting quietly and watching the wildlife on the pond.


Such a sweet boy.


A beautiful day.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely dolls. Are they all cloth? Do they stand and pose well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes they are all cloth, although the inside of the head is gypsum I believe. They are firmly stuffed, but they don't stand on their own unless leaning against something. They really need a stand, so I wouldn't really say they pose well. They obviously can sit again with support.

      Delete
  2. I'd not seen these dolls before coming here Lorraine and I must admit (although I don't particularly like stuffed dolls) your Jasmine is certainly and eye catcher and certainly the prettiest of the three. They are all very smartly dressed, did you make their clothes?
    Big hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, so glad you like them. Jasmine is wearing what I believe is her original outfit and shoes. Joel is wearing a shirt from AG and the overalls and hat were made for another Course Doll, they look better on him. The dress that Jennifer has on is a dress made for American Girl dolls as well, and the cardigan was knitted by a friend of mine. It was really knitted for a boy doll, hence the buttons are on the other side, but I haven't told Jennifer that ;) as it goes so well with her dress.

      Delete

Welcome to Sasha Haven, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.

Happy St George's Day

Revisiting a post from 2012!  However the sentiment is just the same! Henry threw himself into the whole  St George's Day celebration to...