Thursday 25 June 2020

Emily

Firstly a warm welcome to my followers, thank you for following my new blog, I hope you enjoy. 

Nine years ago on 23rd June 2011, I was lucky enough to go and meet Shelly at Sashadolluk and come home with not one, not two, but THREE Sasha dolls, all quite different.  I still have them today and they are very special to me.  They are named Charlotte, who is my 'mini me' and is dressed in a dress I made similar to one my Mum made me and my sister when we were young children.   Amber who was named by my youngest son who was fourteen at the time, and the third is Emily who will be featured today.

Emily is a very strong character who has featured in many of my blog posts over the years. She doesn't put up with any nonsense that is for sure.  She tends to be in charge of cooking whenever there is a party to be had, and enjoys planning and organising these things.  She has been travelling with Henry to various places, the highlight was when she came with us to Germany and she had a very fun time over there.  She likes to dress up on occasion and has a 'posh frock' to wear for such an event.  But is also happy wearing dungarees when playing or in the garden.


When Emily has some alone time she likes to sit in the Arbour with a cuppa, a good book and watching the view of the sea.  She is quite grown up for her age. 


The colours in the garden are still lovely, although perhaps not quite as vibrant as they were a few weeks ago....no rain has had an impact!


The California Poppies are still looking lovely.  Emily loves the way they open and close their heads in the morning and evening.


It has been a scorcher of a day today, so Sasha Haven has been pretty quiet the focus on being finding somewhere cool to sit or play!

Emily is from the sixties Gotz production and is a 'Pony Tail' girl, her hair having been designed to wear in a pony tail, although she also likes wearing it down as well as seen in today's photographs.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely girl in a lovely garden. With such "big" hair, it suits Emily to wear it open!
    I still wait for some California Poppies to grow at the GnomeHome. Frost in May and no rain afterwards..... but one can always hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you get some poppies at GnomeHome.

      Delete
  2. Emily is lovely; everything you could ever want in a Gotz girl. I think she would get along well with my Holly Belle, who is also a very 'strong character'. Holly Belle says that she simply knows her own mind, and isn't afraid to share it with others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a delight isn't she? Ha ha this will give you a laugh, I must have left her 'Get Well Soon' card that the Gregoropolis family sent in the wardrobe back at Rose Cottage because my husband found it and thought I had a card for someone else and wondered where it came from! When I packed up her hospital bed I must have dropped it. Thankfully it was not lost.

      Delete

Welcome to Sasha Haven, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.

Happy St George's Day

Revisiting a post from 2012!  However the sentiment is just the same! Henry threw himself into the whole  St George's Day celebration to...