Wednesday 1 July 2020

Baby Natalie

In December last year I had an amazing find... a baby Sasha in a charity shop for £1.30!  I couldn't quite believe it and didn't hesitate for a second as you can imagine.  I found her on my wedding anniversary so the timing couldn't have been better either.  I have made her a couple of outfits so far, but thought I would knit her a little romper and bootie set.  I knitted the rompers yesterday and will hopefully find my pattern for the booties today so I can sit and knit them this evening.


I don't knit many things in pink but got this fabulous NZ wool from Whangarei when wool shopping with a dear friend of mine last year.  


Funnily enough the photo colour makes it look more like soft lilacs, but it might just be my monitor or the time of day I took the photo.  I think the colour suits Natalie quite well though and she seems to be happy with the little outfit.

6 comments:

  1. What a lucky find! Of course you couldn't hesitate.
    On my monitor, the romper set also looks lilac shaded. But nicely so!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting how the colour shows up slightly differently on film than in real life.

      Delete
  2. It's always a nice feeling when a doll gets a new home and a new life.
    I love going to my local thrift shop too. It's a treasure trove! :) I've been missing it now because of quarantine, I hope it is still there.
    I found my first Sasha doll in a thrift shops 10 years ago. Wow - 10 years! I should probably celebrate my collection this year. :)

    The baby looks so happy in her cozy new romper. It is a lilac color on my screen too. Also, what a lovely gift for your anniversary, it was meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got a bit behind with replying to comments sorry - life has got in the way! The excitement when you find a Sasha in a thrift shop is well, very exciting! I hope I find a Sasha or Gregor someday - you never know!

      Delete
  3. Such a deal! You can't even buy a donut and coffee for that price, and you got yourself a little bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An incredible deal, I could hardly believe my eyes. I kept asking my son and DIL to go back in that shop in their town to keep an eye out for anymore that might appear - you never know, but I don't think they did, and now are unlikely to go in the shops such as this even IF they are open.

      Delete

Welcome to Sasha Haven, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.

Happy St George's Day

Revisiting a post from 2012!  However the sentiment is just the same! Henry threw himself into the whole  St George's Day celebration to...