Saturday 20 June 2020

My First Sasha - Sasha

My first Sasha came to live with me in January 2011 along with a Gregor whom I named Peter. He has long since left home to live with someone else. Sasha remained, although she did briefly leave a few years back to live with two other people before returning home as is only right. She is of course, like many other's first Sasha, called 'Sasha'. She dates to around 1974 and has a blue neck ring. Sasha came to me wearing a blue gingham dress, panties, shoes and non- original socks. I had always wanted a Sasha doll. I used to see pictures of them in my Mum's Golden Hands magazines and wished I could have one. Unfortunately due to living in New Zealand they were not regularly available so I was never able to have one until the day many years later I decided to go for it when I saw a pair of them listed on Ebay - a Buy it Now if I remember rightly. I then panicked about what I had done, having never before had such 'expensive' dolls.  As it turned out they were a really good price for a pair of Sasha dolls. I remember being quite surprised at their size when they first arrived, as they were smaller than I had imagined in my mind.  I was also excited at the prospect of sewing for them, having previously made 1950s fashions for Tressy dolls. Never did I realise where the purchase of those two dolls would lead and the travelling I would do as a result of entering into the wonderful world of Sasha. 

So without further ado, meet Sasha.


She is a sweet girl.


At times somewhat reflective...



At others a bit more bold and and sassy


She was the first Sasha to go travelling and journeyed to New Zealand in February & March 2011, although at that stage I was quite shy about taking a doll out in public, so she stayed at my parents home and the only other travelling she did during that trip was when I visited a friend.  I don't even think I took any photos, apart from at the airport!



She enjoys music and is in a band.



Below is her arrival photo with Peter and on her own.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic first Sasha. Fantastic eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, I think our first is always special :)

      Delete

Welcome to Sasha Haven, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.

Happy St George's Day

Revisiting a post from 2012!  However the sentiment is just the same! Henry threw himself into the whole  St George's Day celebration to...